Adalberto Méndez López
Partner, Business, Human Rights & Corporate Social Responsibility at ECIJA Mexico
Specialized attorney on Business & Human Rights consultancy and Corporate Social Responsibility projects, with a preventive legal risk focus. He has 10 years of experience on strategic litigation before different international human rights systems, corporate law and compliance consultancy.
- Business & Human Rights Counsel, and founder and responsible of the Pro-Bono practice of ECIJA Mexico.
- Pioneer lawyer in Mexico to provide legal consultancy on Business & Human Rights, and on the development of corporate social responsibility and integrity programs, focused on the prevention legal risks for human rights violations.
- Ten years of experience on domestic and international strategic litigation on human rights, before the Universal, Interamerican and African Human Rights protection systems.
- Foreign consultant for international organizations and foreign governments, in around 17 countries.
- In the private sector, he works as legal intern, junior and senior associate in different lawfirms like Lee Anav Chung White Kim Ruger & Richter, LL.P., Santamarina y Steta, S.C., Ogarrio Daguerre, S.C. and BRRH Abogados, S.C. He served as Country Representative for Mexico, of the ethic New York tourism services social corporation Justice Travel, Inc.
- Has served as public officer, with experience of more than 5 years in public policy and govermental affairs, serving as diplomat at the Diplomatic Mission of Mexico to the OAS, as Executive Director of the Disability Division at the National Commission of Human Rights, Chief of Staff at the Mexican Senate and as former Vice Ministry of Social Security for Foreign Representation Offices of Mexico.
- Law Bachelor Degree – Universidad La Salle, Mexico City.
- Pre-Master Program – Istanbul Bilgi Universitesi, Istanbul, Turkey
- Specialization Certificate on International Human Rights Law – American University Washington College of Law, Washington, D.C.
- Legum Magister Program on International Legal Studies – American University Washington College of Law, Washington, D.C.
- Doctorate in Law (currently reading) – Escuela Libre de Derecho, Mexico City.
- Author of the book “Ombudsman Corporativo: Reflexiones sobre Derechos Humanos y Empresas” (Mexico, 2019), providing more than 350 conferences and courses in Mexico and abroad.
- Member of the Mexican Bar Association (Mexico), the National Association of Corporate Lawyers (Mexico), and the International Legal Fraternity Phi Delta Phi (U.S.)
- Law Professor in different academic institutions of Mexico and abroad, as, Universidad La Salle, Universidad Panamericana (UP), Escuela Libre de Derecho, Universidad Iberoamericana, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM) and Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM). Former Human Rights visitant professor at the Master Program on Social Work, of the SUNY University at Buffalo, in New York, and international consultant of the OAS Inter-American Institute of Human Rights in Costa Rica.
- English fluent speaker, with studies on Italian and Japanese (basic levels).