María José Huerta
Asociada de Corporate / M&A y Propiedad Intelectual, Industrial y Derecho Audiovisual en ECIJA Guatemala
T.+502 2259 1200
With more than 7 years of experience, María José specializes in Corporate and Intellectual Property Law.
- She started her career as a specialized consultant in Intellectual Property, acting as a key contact in the design of trademark and patent portfolio protection and as counsel in administrative and judicial litigation.
- María José is a consultant for several companies, which regularly ask for her civil and commercial advise on the preventive measures that are necessary to achieve a healthy and safe development of their businesses.
- She also advises on the incorporation and maintenance of local and foreign companies. Moreover, she consults for national and international clients on the implementation of estate planning strategies.
- Law Degree – Universidad Rafael Landívar.
- Member of the Guatemalan Bar Association.
- She wrote her thesis on the “Legal analysis of the compliance of the international commitments undertaken by Guatemala in relation to the protection of plant varieties”.
- Speaks Spanish and English.
- Sign Language Interpreter.