With more than 11 years of experience in both legal advice and litigation, Maricarmen specializes in Labor Law, Immigration and Occupational Health and Safety.
- With more than 14 years of professional career within the Firm, Maricarmen has focused her practice as a consultant and litigator in labor and immigration issues, social security and occupational safety and health for national and international companies, non-governmental organizations and diplomatic missions.
- Maricarmen is a pioneer specialist in Occupational Health and Safety in Guatemala, a legal practice in which she has developed a high level of expertise, as well as in other management systems. She has been invited as a panelist and speaker at numerous seminars, forums, training courses, workshops and conferences where she has been able to share her knowledge and experience.
- Law Degree – Universidad Rafael Landívar.
- Master in Labor Law and Social Security – Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala.
- Member of the Guatemalan Bar Association.
- In order to increase her competence in the Occupational Health and Safety, in 2016 she participated in the training activity “Occupational Safety and Health Management” imparted by the International Labour Organization (ILO), in Turin, Italy, obtaining a certificate; and in 2018, in the Course “Occupational Safety and Health Management: Educational Techniques for Corrective and Preventive Actions” at LMU University Munich, Germany, in Lima, Peru.
- Vice president of the Occupational Health and Safety Union attached to the Guatemalan Chamber of Industry.
- Speaks Spanish and English.