Lawyer specialized in Merger Control; Antitrust; Information and Communication Technologies; and Privacy & Data Protection, with 8 years of experience in the private sector.
- Pablo has 8 years of experience, including 6 years of practice at MBCR, now ECIJA Colombia. Starting as a Junior Associate, Pablo has been promoted to Senior Associate and most recently to Of Counsel of the Firm.
- As Coordinator of the Firm’s Competition and Merger Control team, he has advised and accompanied several foreign-to-foreign and local transactions on merger control proceedings before the Competition Authority, including AB InBev/SabMiller; Essilor/Luxottica; Essilor/GrandVision; Disney/Fox; Veolia/Suez; ExxonMobil/Terpel; Veolia/Grupo Sala, among others.
- Pablo has also been directly involved in other competition-related transactions and projects, in sectors such as oil and gas, financial (FinTech), public utilities, alcoholic beverages, optical, aeronautical, among others.
- He also advises local and foreign companies on privacy and data protection matters.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Law Degree – Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Bogotá).
- Certificate in Legal English and American Legal System – Yale University (USA).
- Candidate for Specialist Degree in ICT regulation and management – Universidad Externado de Colombia (Bogotá).
- Colfuturo Scholarship to pursue master’s studies in the United Kingdom.
- Santander Ibero-American Scholarship for Academic Excellence (ICADE, Spain).
- Distinction for Academic Excellence granted by the Deans of the Faculty of Law.
- Candidate for Recognition by Best Lawyers, for The Best Lawyers in Colombia (2021 Edition), in Administrative Law; Competition/Antitrust Law; and Product Liability Litigation.