ECIJA has a specialized team in the area of Human Rights and offers advice on the implementation of human rights, following standards both nationally and internationally.
In an increasingly globalized world, compliance with minimum labor standards will be a necessity.
Our team offers advice to apply the general mandates of human rights and translate them into the corporate world, including compliance with minimum labor rights established by the ILO, the OECD, the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development of the United Nations.
Among the main services provided by the corporate human rights area are:
- Drafting and implementation of policies that guarantee the protection and protection of human rights in companies.
- Due diligence processes to verify compliance with minimum human rights standards, both for internal needs and for external agents (contractors, certification entities and / or auditors, among others).
- Monitoring of cases of discrimination before internal or judicial processes.
- Processing of cases before the different international Human Rights systems.
- Advice to the offices of “ombudsperson” in companies.
- Training through talks to the corporate staff on current and relevant issues in the field of human rights.
- Advice on the impact of human rights at local, national and international level, related to the operations of the company, as well as the development of strategies and policies to mitigate legal contingencies.