With more than 10 years of professional experience, Pablo specializes in Corporate / M&A, Real Estate, Infraestructure, EU & Antitrust, and Intellectual Property.
Legal consultant on corporate governance issues, analysis of financial statements, shareholder agreements and corporate structures for national and international companies.
In the last years, Pablo has focused his professional practice on Construction Law. He transforms the traditional structure of this area of practice through the promotion of infrastructure and real estate development projects that use novel contractual and technological platforms, taking full care of the main legal aspects of such projects.
In competition law, Pablo is one of the most experienced experts in Guatemala. He participated in the team of advisers for the design and implementation of the National Economic Competition Policy and was part of the team recruited by the government of Guatemala to design a proposal for the Law on Economic Competition. Pablo has also participated as a national and international speaker in economic competition conventions and events. He is one of the greatest promoters of the of economic competition culture in Guatemala.
Pablo has worked as a legal advisor on intellectual property issues for international companies, and in the academic field, he has been a professor and lecturer of this subject in different universities, and academic research centers, such as the School of Justice Studies of the Judicial Branch and the Public Prosecutor’s Office.
- Law Degree – Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala
- Master in Economy – Escuela de Negocios de la Universidad Francisco Marroquín y Centro de Estudios Superiores Manuel Ayau de Madrid.
- Regular contributor to media and legal journals and competition law: Revista de Derecho de la Competencia: Universidad Javeriana de Colombia and CEDEC (Centro de Estudios de Derecho de la Competencia)
- Member of the Guatemalan Bar Association
- Vice president of the Institute of Competition Law
- Member of the International Association of Lawyers (UIA)
- Member of the Guatemalan Association of Real Estate Developers (ADIG)
- Speaks Spanish and English