Financial Times recognises ECIJA as the most innovative law firm in continental Europe
The Financial Times Innovative Lawyers 2022 awards were held on 13th October at the Natural History Museum in London. This event analyses the innovative landscape of the legal sector in the old continent, rating the most disruptive initiatives developed by the main firms operating in Europe. In this context, ECIJA obtained the highest recognition, being proclaimed “Most Innovative Firm in Continental Europe”, the only non-English-speaking firm positioned in the Top20.
The criteria taken into account by the Financial Times organisation and which have elevated ECIJA to the highest category are:
- Innovation understood from the point of view of internal management, use of tools and external advice to clients in pioneering projects.
- Talent management: gender diversity policies, inclusion policies, return to work policies after the pandemic, etc.
- Digitalisation of the firm, use of data and technology both internally and externally.
- Client feedback, following more than 1500 interviews.
- Growth of the firm in the last three years.
Four projects submitted by the Firm have been recognised by the British publication:
- ECIJA “Digital Bridge 360º”: winner in the “Professionalising Business Services” category, which rewards the development and implementation of innovative tools or systems that improve the Firm’s processes, management and methodology. Specifically, Digital Bridge 360º is a global management tool for the Firm that brings together all of its departments and is accessible 24 hours a day by all professionals from any location. It is a unique tool in the market, which has enabled the connection and unification of procedures between the 31 offices of ECIJA globally, connecting all areas and needs on a single site.
- Lawyers unlock valuable insights through data: Jesús Yáñez, partner at ECIJA, has been ranked amongst the top 10 best lawyers in Europe in the use of technology and data. Specifically, Yáñez is an expert in cybersecurity and privacy advice with a special focus on the financial sector. He is also responsible for the design and implementation of ECIJA 360º Digital Bridge.
- People Management: Under the slogan “Maximum flexibility, maximum responsibility”, the Firm has implemented a hybrid work policy -ECIJA’s Liquid Talent Program-, which includes, among other initiatives to enhance the well-being of ECIJA professionals, the possibility of work four weeks a year from anywhere in the world, without fixed office hours.
- Market Firsts: ECIJA has been the first firm in Europe to advise on a real estate transaction executed in Bitcoins.
In the words of Hugo Écija, founder and CEO of the Firm, “this is an historic and unprecedented milestone for the Firm. Ten years ago we were not part of the ranking, and today we are the winners of the most important recognition. I have no words of thanks for the more than 900 professionals who work every day on this common project, without forgetting of course our clients, who inspire and motivate us to give the best of ourselves every day”.
According to Alejandro Touriño, Managing Partner of ECIJA “this is probably the most important recognition that any firm in Europe aspires to in the field of innovation. It is an immense personal and professional satisfaction that our work is recognised by the leading media in the sector and that, competing with historical firms that we admire, we have been able to be the winners of the most relevant category. It is a privilege that our project is receiving more and more international recognition of exceptional value”.
We remain at your disposal for any questions you may have.
*In the picture from left to right: Alejandro Touriño, Emilio Prieto, Nuno da Silva Vieira, Fernando Antas da Cunha and Jesús Yáñez, partners of ECIJA.
+ 34 91 781 61 60