Alejandro TouriñoAlejandro Touriño
Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT), Intellectual property
T. +34 917 816 160
T. +34 917 816 160
Alejandro is managing partner at ECIJA. He has practised for over ten years in the fields of IT law, intellectual property, innovation and entrepreneurship. He has been recognised by Chambers & Partners and Legal500 and the Financial Times ranked him as one of top ten innovative lawyers in Europe, while Forbes placed him among the “100 most creative people in business”.
In December 2022 he has been recognised by The Lawyer as the best managing partner in Europe.
Alejandro is a panelist at the World Intellectual Property Organisation and is president of the IT Section of the Madrid Bar Association. He is a university professor at various universities and business schools (IE Law School, University of Navarra, the Catholic Institute of Business Administration [ICADE], Carlos III University of Madrid, Madrid Autonomous University, etc.) and is Director of the Master’s programme in Legal Tech at IE Law School.
A member of the Madrid Bar Association, he holds an LLB in Law (Licentiatura en Derecho) from the University of Santiago de Compostela, an MA in International Law and International Relations from Complutense University of Madrid and an MA in Legal Practice from the School of Legal Practice of Complutense University of Madrid. Alejandro speaks English and Spanish.
– Coordinator of the Memento Derecho de las Nuevas Tecnologías (New Technologies Law Compilation), Editorial Lefebvre – El Derecho (2019)
– Coordinator of “Guías legales sobre Internet: Derecho de las tecnologías de la información y la comunicación en entornos empresariales” (“Legal guides on the Internet: IT Law and communication in business environments”), Expansión, 2016.
– Author of “El derecho al olvido y a la intimidad en Internet” (The right to be forgotten and privacy on the internet), 2014, La Catarata.
– Co-author of the book Corporate Compliance Factbook: Seguridad y Cumplimiento normativo en la empresa (Security and Compliance in Companies) 2010, Thomson-Aranzadi.
– Director of the digital section Wolters Kluwer’s publication Actualidad Civil (Civil Law News).