ECIJA has a specialist team with extensive experience in providing employment advice on all aspects related to companies and their executives, both at a national and international level, in small, medium and large companies. The department’s clients include important companies in all areas of the economy.
ECIJA has a employment litigation department with a high level of specialisation in all types of litigation in the employment branch of law. Our expert lawyers represent our clients annually in more than five hundred proceedings before the Spanish courts, employment courts, High Courts of Justice, the Supreme Court and the Constitutional Court, with a high degree of success in resolving all types of disputes and with very high client satisfaction rates.
ECIJA also has experience in collective bargaining processes, participating in the negotiation of collective agreements at the sectoral, regional and company level. It also advises companies on workforce restructuring plans (EREs) and temporary workforce restructuring plans (ERTEs), restructurings, and on negotiating equality plans and collective employment policies.
The Employment Practice Area also has a multidisciplinary division of professionals with expertise in EmploymentTech, Media and Compliance, advising companies and public entities on implementing new technologies, analysing regulatory risks in disruptive business models, preventing regulatory breaches in the employment field and digital projects in the employment field such as adaptation to employment regulations in the field of the use of technological tools.
Our extensive experience in the new technologies sectors (as a leading firm in TMT), allows us to offer advice in employment law proper, in employment-technological-media law and in employment compliance, offering innovative solutions to the conflicts that arise with the impact of new technologies, and cases specific to such a specific sector.
Our team of professionals and their proven capacity for leadership and coordination of specialist legal teams has enabled their intervention in some of Spain’s most important employment projects.
The main services that our employment law department offers include the following:
- Employment proceedings of all types and defending our clients in court, in addition to providing procedural representation at all levels.
- Administrative conciliation and before collective arbitration bodies.
- Employment aspects resulting from mergers and acquisitions of companies and restructuring of companies. Contracting. Senior management contracts.
- Remuneration systems. Stock Options.
- Feasibility and Social Plans.
- Collective bargaining and collective company agreements.
- Due Diligence.
- Social security, plans and pension funds.
- Hiring and recurring advice on day-to-day employment issues.
- Collective terminations/modifications of employment contracts.
- Occupational hazard prevention.
- Employment procedures. Work inspections, social security, administrative claims and appeals. Sanction procedures.
- Misuse or unlawful use of information technologies in the company.
- Corporate policies and procedures regarding bring-your-own-device (BYOD)
- Employment compliance. Regulatory compliance programmes in the social and employment field.
- Standardisation of employment conditions.