The Spanish Government approved last Friday, June 26, the Royal Decree-Law 24/2020 extending the temporary layoff procedures “ERTE”. After a long and difficult negotiation with social and economic parties, the Government finally agreed to extend the validity of ERTEs of force majeure until September 30, without any exclusion concerning the activity or industrial sector of […]
ECIJA has a specialist team with extensive experience in providing employment advice on all aspects related to the company, managers and employees, both at a national and international level, in small, medium and large companies.
Our experience in the new technologies sector enables us to offer advice on employment law itself, and on technological and employment law, offering innovative solutions to disputes that arise with the impact of social networks and information security tools in the different employment areas.
Our team of professionals and their proven capacity for leadership and coordination of specialist legal teams has enabled their intervention in some of Spain’s most important social and employment projects.
The main services that our employment law department offers include the following:
- Employment aspects resulting from mergers and acquisitions of companies and restructuring of companies. Contracting. Senior management contracts.
- Remuneration systems. Stock options.
- Feasibility and social plans.
- Collective bargaining and collective company agreements.
- Due Diligence.
- Social security, plans and pension funds.
- Collective terminations/modifications of employment contracts.
- Occupational hazard prevention.
- Employment procedure. Work inspections, social security, administrative claims and appeals. Sanction procedures.
- Misuse or unlawful use of information technologies in the company.
- Corporate policies and protocols of action regarding the use of technological means owned by the company or the employees (BYOD)
- Employment compliance. Regulatory compliance programmes in the social and employment field.
- Standardisation of employment conditions.
Linked news and articles
On May 29, 2020, was published in the Federal Official Gazette (“DOF”) the “Decree establishing the Specific Technical Guidelines for the Reopening of Economic Activities” (the “Guidelines”). These Guidelines are supplementary to the provisions of the “Decree establishing the strategy for the reopening of social, educational and economic activities, as well as a stoplight system […]
Royal Decree-Law 11/2020, of March 31st, has added additional urgent measures to those adopted in the previous three weeks. As you may recall, those measures where summarized in our ‘FAQs for Business in Spain’ (FAQs-I) submitted on March 20th. We are hereby submitting an extended version of the previous document including the most recent updates […]